Generating sales is a crucial step in growing your online course business. We also know that to win your buyers’ trust you should be prompt with their money at the most. That’s why we have created this feature - to help you fasten your refund process directly from your Knorish dashboard.
In this article, you will learn about:
- You can process refund for any course sales, any gateway used (Razorpay, Stripe and Paypal) and only full refund is supported.
- The Refund feature can be used with the Knorish default payment gateways or your custom payment gateways as well. Please ensure to maintain the minimum balance needed in the account for the refunds to be processed. Possibly, pause auto payouts from the platform as well so that at the time of refund you have sufficient funds available for the refund to be processed.
How It Works
On receiving a refund request from your buyer coming from his user email follow these steps:
- Login > Dashboard > Users > Search details
- Click on the orders tab>under the action toolbar
- Select the Recheck payment status option- to check details
- Select the Refund payment option - to process the refund
- After a successful refund, the refund will be listed as a separate transaction on the refund page.
- After a successful refund, user will not have access to the course and the assigned course will not be listed in the user's profile.
- After a successful refund, user order status will change to 'Refunded' in the user's profile.
- The feature will process refunds immediately, but banks may take up to 7 days for the processing of the refund.
In case the balance is not available in the gateway, you will see the above error message.
How To Check For Refunds Initiated From The Site
Available under Transactions, all Refunds issued are listed in the Refund section. Details listed:
- ID: Order ID which was issued at the time of purchase, refund ID would remain the same.
- Amount: Total amount of refund initiated for the student
- Initiated On: The date and time, the request for the refund was initiated on
- Type: lists the request type and currency
- Reference Number: The reference number of the transaction issued by the gateway
- Refunds cannot be processed for transactions that are more than 6 months old due to limitations by Razorpay. You will get an error message as shown below:
- If you are using knorish default gateways and if you refund a buyer's payment, funds will be used from the revenue in your Knorish account.
- If you are using Knorish default gateways and if your refund is more than the current revenue balance in your Knorish account, you’ll see a proper error message.
- If a user has applied a discount coupon, only the amount paid will be refunded.
- If a user has paid using a credit card, some credit cards will display refunds in upcoming billed statements, till then they can check with credit card customer care after 7 days.