In this article, we show you how to revoke or enable access to a course after purchase for a student. Using this feature you can either extend or block access to the course for a specific student.
Note: After a course expiry date is set up, updated, or changed for a course, you can also set up automatic course completion email reminders to your learners from the platform to ensure they finish the course prior to the course expiry date.
Here's how it can be done: How to create email reminders for course expiry?
How to set up course expiry?
Ideally, courses by default do not have an expiry date unless selected as such. As a course creator, you have the option of selecting the number of days post which the course shall expire. Once any course has an expiry date set, the learners of the course will not be able to access the course after that specific expiry day.
Following the steps, as shown below, you can set the course expiry in days.
- Login to your Knorish dashboard
- Select courses and click on the Course builder (spanner icon) of the course you want to update the course expiry
- Select Publish and scroll down to update the section ‘Set course expiry in days’
- Once you update the course expiry, you will be prompted to select whether you want this expiry to be applicable for new enrollments only or for the existing users and new enrollments as well.
Note: In case you don't want the course to expire, please select 0.
How to extend the expiry date for specific students?
Rather than increasing the course expiry for existing users or new enrollments, this option can be used specifically for those students who need more time to go through their course content.
After you log in to the dashboard, click on the Course Name. Then on the next page i.e. Course users page, follow these instructions:
- Select the date range and under search type - Select 'All users who enrolled in this course'' and click on Search
- Type the name of the user and click on Search
- Click on the spanner icon
- On the pop-up, mention the date in DD-MM-YYYY format. This would be the new expiry date for this specific user
- Click on save and the course expiry date for the user would be extended automatically
Revoking access to a course with the course expiry date feature
For students who have access to multiple courses on your academy, deleting the student's information will lead to that student losing access to all the courses. To block access to a specific course, setting up a course expiry date to a past date will revoke the access to that course. Here's how it's done:
- Log in to the Dashboard
- Choose Courses and click on the name of the course
- Under Users - locate the user by applying the relevant filters
- Set the course expiry for the user by clicking on the green color icon to the extreme right under Actions.
- Click on Save
By selecting a past date, the user's access to this specific course will be revoked instantly. When the student logs in to their dashboard, there will be no content displayed as shown below: