To add a blog post on your website built with Knorish, follow the steps as listed below:
Enable & set-up blog feature on your website
Before you can add a blog post, you would first need to enable & set-up the blog on your site. Learn more about setting up your blog here: How to set up a blog on my site on Knorish?
Add a blog post on your site
Once the blog is set up, you can now easily add multiple blog posts on your site. To do so, follow the steps as highlighted below:
- Log in to your dashboard on Knorish
- In the dashboard, click ‘Blog Posts’ under ‘Website Builder’,
- On the new page, click on ‘+ New Blog Post’
- On the new page, enter the details in the respective fields
- Choose your preferred blog template
- if you wish to display your blog post’s link on the menu in your home page, then toggle on ‘Display in top menu’
- Toggle on ‘Publish this post’ if you immediately wish to publish your blog post
- Once done, click ‘Save & Next’
- On the new page, choose the category you want to publish the blog post in
- Add the blog post thumbnail image
- Toggle on ‘Mark as featured post’ if you wish to feature your blog post on the blog’s home page
- Also, edit your blog post with the ‘Visual Builder’ and add the content, design the blog & finalize it easily.
NOTE: Following are some brief definitions of some of the technical terms for you to understand before filling in your information:
Name: The Name of the blog post should ideally contain the keyword you are trying to target.
Slug: is how the link would appear. you can simply copy-paste the title of the blog and then remove the unnecessary words. This would form the link to the blog post.
Title for SEO: This is how search engines would read the information on the title.
Description for SEO: The meta description is a snippet of up to about 155 characters that summarizes a page's content. Search engines show the meta description in search results mostly when the searched-for phrase is within the description, so optimizing the meta description is crucial for on-page SEO.
Keyword for SEO: SEO keywords are also known as keywords or keyword phrases that are terms added to the online content in order to improve the content's search engine rankings for those terms.
Header & Footer code: Used to add custom HTML code specific to this blog post
Hope this helps. In case you still face issues, please feel free to contact Customer Support!