URL redirect (also known as URL forwarding) is a technique which is used to redirect your domain’s visitors to a different URL. With the integrated URL redirecting feature on Knorish, you can forward your older URLs to new URLs.
This feature is used when moving to knorish site from any other tech platform such as WordPress or others and you would like to redirect old URLs to new URL on knorish platform.
Note: Knorish supports extension less URL redirect, and of types 301 and 302.
Steps to URL Redirection
- Create a new URL (Page, Link, etc) on the site built with Knorish
- Enable URL redirection
- Test URL Redirection completion
To learn more about how to create a page on your site with Knorish, learn more here: Adding a page
How to find the URL of a page created on your Knorish site?
- First go ahead and build the page in the ‘Pages’ section under ‘Website Builder’
- Once that is done, under the ‘Pages’ section, go to the URL you wish to redirect, hover over to the ‘Slug’ section & copy the URL
Add & enable the copied URL
- Once you have copied the URL, click ‘Settings’ in the left tool & go to ‘URL Redirect’
- On the new page, type the following command followed by pasting the copied URL:
Redirect 302 /old-url-here /page/PASTE URL HERE
- For your reference, here is URL we have copied from ‘Pages’ section pasted into the aforementioned command:
Redirect 302 /old-url-here /page/new-page-htbbox
- Once done, click save - you have successfully enabled URL redirect for your domain on Knorish
Test URL Redirection completion
To test the results, copy paste the old URL on your browser & you would be redirected to your knorish site URL that you had used.