After reading this article, you will be able to understand the difference between a section and a chapter and how you can use them to create a well-structured course.
A course is broken down into sections and then into chapters. Each section can have multiple chapters with every chapter containing only one content piece. You can add a video, PDF, embed content, assessments, live events, page builder, add additional downloadable files and setup Live sessions (webinars/meetings)
To learn more about add course content, visit: Create a Course
- Creating a section
- How do I rearrange the chapters and sections in my course?
- How do I delete a chapter or section in my course?
Creating a section
A section is a group of chapters combined together with each chapter containing pieces of information in it that would include videos, PDFs, embedded content, assessments, live events such as live webinars or live online sessions, pages, and more.
Creating a Section is simple. Just follow the steps as highlighted below:
- Login to your Knorish Dashboard
- Access the dashboard and select ‘Courses’
- Choose the course and click on the Course Builder icon.
- Under the curriculum, simply type in the name of the first section by clicking on the +Add section button. The newly added section will now appear on the curriculum page.
- Click on the +Chapter button next to add chapters to the same section.
How do I rearrange the chapters and sections in my course?
There may be times when you would need to rearrange sections and chapters in your course. Let's show you how to do that with ease. There are three possibilities here:
So let’s begin with these simple and easy steps to get your chapters and sections in order.
Access the courses section in your dashboard and open the course curriculum by clicking on the builder icon.
Moving chapters within a section
Access the course curriculum section and use the blue icon (beside the name of the chapter) to move the chapter across the section.
Moving a chapter among different sections
Access the course curriculum section and use the blue icon (beside the name of the chapter) to move the chapter among different sections.
Access the course curriculum section and use the blue icon (above the name of the section) to drag and drop the section across the course
How do I delete a chapter or section in my course?
- Go to your Dashboard>Courses
- Open Course to edit by clicking on the builder (Spanner Icon)
- To delete a Chapter > click on the red color trash icon against the chapter name
- Click Delete Chapter
- To delete a Section>delete all Chapters first
- Click Delete Section
- Any individual chapter can be deleted, however, for a section to be deleted, you would need to delete the chapters in it before.
- Any changes made on this page are automatically saved and are instant.