If you're a creator looking to build your very first or next course, this article will give you a brief overview of using Knorish Course Builder - including how to add your course content to publish your course.
You can use a variety of content types for your online courses. Be it videos, images, PDFs, or presentations you can even set up live sessions, build assessments and create pages inside the course.
Additionally, you can share downloadable files with your students for bonus learning outside the purview of an online course. All these content types then become study material for students to learn from a later date.
- Login to your account and in the dashboard, hover over to the left toolbar & click on ‘Course’
- From the drop-down, click on ‘Courses’
- On the new page, click on “+ New Course” as shown in the illustration above
- Enter the desired course name in the pop-up, then click on “Go to course creator”
- On the new page, to start building your course, click on 'Add Section', and type the name of the Section
- Under each section, add chapters for the course content as per the course structure
- In each chapter, you can either add a video, a PDF, embed videos, create a live event or an assessment.
- Additionally, you can also add more downloadable content that gives access to your users to download the content on their devices.
The options for course content updates are as follows:
- Video: To upload a video from your device/PC/Laptop, click on Video, select Add video file and upload the video file. The platform supports most commonly used videos files such as MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, or FLV video files. Learn more.
- PDF: You can convert doc, excel, ppt files, etc to a PDF and upload up to 25MB.
- Embed: Embed YouTube/Vimeo Video, Google forms, slides, docs or sheets. Learn more here.
- Assessment: This section can be used to check the user's understanding at various points during the course. Questions can be single-choice, multiple-choice, objective & subjective questions as well. Learn more here.
- Live Events: Live video feeds using Zoom, Google meets, Microsoft Teams or YouTube Live Stream can be used to create live events.
- Page Builder: Build and edit beautiful, content-rich pages within your courses. Learn more here.
- Downloadable Files: On the Knorish course site, you can also allow your users to download content like worksheets, brochures, etc. The supported downloadable content types include pdf, PPT, xlsx, Docx, zip, or RAR files. Learn more.
- Knorish integrated with Zoom Live sessions: With Zoom integrated in Knorish, you can now set up and conduct live meetings or webinars as a single, multiple, and ongoing straight from your Knorish site. Learn more.
Note: While Knorish allows you to upload unlimited content in the course(s), we recommend you to stick to 100-150 chapters in a course for a user-friendly and seamless experience. If your course curriculum is taking too long to load, consider splitting it into multiple courses and selling it as a bundle using the instructions here.
- Increased file size from 10MB to 25MB.
- Enables error-free formatting across the platforms from Office on Mac to Office on Windows.
- As the pdfs can be compressed well, thus smaller files can pack more content.
- They ensure data security as they won’t be downloadable without the download now button.
- Having said that, the Doc, PPT, and Excel formats can still be distributed but through the attach downloadable files button.